One of the most amazing feature of Xperia Z camera; Superior Auto Mode and HDR mode definitely makes the 13 MP camera of Xperia Z far better than camera of any other phone. Xperia S, SL users were expecting these settings in the jelly bean update for them, but Sony missed it somehow which was disappointing.
How to Install Xperia Z Superior Auto Mode in Xperia S,SL,Ion Camera
- Phone – Xperia S, SL, Ion – Tested.
- Jelly Bean is required to port this mode. Xperia S and SL users can use below link to update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 firmware.
- Root Access is Needed. Root your Xperia S, SL and Ion before installing this. Check below link for How to Root ?
- Working Recovery is needed. Install CWM recovery v126.96.36.199 on your phone. Check below link.
After confirming all above steps done as mentioned, proceed below.
Before flashing this mod, please backup all your camera settings apks, in case you get any bugs in the mod you can restore it back.
How to Install ?
Download the Xperia Z Superior Auto Mode flashable zip from given below link.
Download SUPAUTO2.zip I 2.30 MB
- Download the above zip file.
- Copy it to your phone SD card / internal memory.
- Reboot in recovery.
- Flash the zip file in recovery. Done 🙂
Above mode is tested in Xperia SL, working great with Xperia Z camera apks 🙂
In case of Black Screen Bug, if faced
In case you are getting a black screen sometimes in while using your camera in Superior Auto Mode, please try installing the below given apks from Xperia Z System.
Try manually installing, if unable to do that, push them in system/app.
Download Xperia Z SemcCameraUI.apk
Download Xperia Z SemcCamera3D.apk
Let us know in case you find some bugs in this Xperia Z Superior Auto Mode mod for Xperia S, SL and Ion. Comment your feedback on this mode, if it worked for you or not.
[ via – XDA ]