Stamina Mode have you heard of it 😛 Surely every Xperia user must have, Xperia Z and Xperia ZL saw for the first time this battery extending app “Stamina Mode” in the phone. Stamina Mode app or I say feature is a great one if you don’t want to install any third party battery saving apps.
Recently Sony rolled out Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware update for Xperia S, SL and Acro S which had “Extended Battery Mode”, so if you want to have stamina mode on your phone, here comes a solution. XDA developer Aeron has ported Xperia Z Stamina Mode to Xperia S, SL, Acros S, Ion successfully 🙂
How to Port Xperia Z Stamina Mode to Xperia S, SL, Acros S, Ion ?
Let’s see how you can port Xperia Z Stamina Mode to Xperia S, SL, Acro S, Ion i.e. on Xperia 2012 handsets. We have 2 methods of porting.[ Method – 1 ]
Download Stamina Mode files
Download STAMINA MODE BY AERON.zip I 10 MB
Download SystemUI.apk I 1.81 MB
- Deodexed Jelly Bean ROM
- Xperia S, SL, Acro S, Ion must have Rooted Jelly Bean firmware.
- Works for both locked as well as unlocked bootloader. To unlock bootloader refer to this official Sony unlocking bootloader guide.
Installation / Porting steps
- After downloading the stamina mode zip file, unzip and copy it to your phone then, it has 3 folders “app, bin, framework”. App folder contains 3 apk files as “SemcPowerSaveModule.apk , Settings.apk, SuperStamina.apk”.
Do change the permission while moving below 3 files.
- Now move the folder “app” to “system/app”.
- Now move the file “bin” to “system/bin”. Change permissions to “Rwxr-xr-x”.
- Now move file “framework.jar” to “system/framework”.
All done, reboot your device now 🙂 If it didn’t work for you, try checking the method 2 below.[ Method – 2 ]
Download SuperStaminaXS.zip I 10 MB
After downloading the above file, flash it via CWM, it will work 🙂
New UI on Xperia S after porting looks great.
Do let us know if the Stamina Mode worked on your Xperia S, SL, Acro S, Ion or not. Leave comments in case you need any help regarding porting or installing. Do mention any bugs if you come across any.
[ Via – XDA ]