Sony Xperia Z, the first and the most reputed member of Sony Xperia Z family, the then flagship of Sony launched during CES 2013 boosted sales of Sony Mobiles a lot. Everything about Sony Xperia Z is great, from its 5″ 1080p full HD screen with Mobile Bravia Engine 2 and it’s water and dust resistance ability. Being an Xperia Z C6602 user, I am totally satisfied with Xperia Z performance overall but one thing that bothers me is the non removable 2330mAh battery inside it. It is certainly not enough for Xperia Z, it’s full HD display withdraws a lot of battery juice while screen is on. Usually you will find your Xperia Z lasting for around 13 hours on 3G talktime, 6-7 hours of video playback and web browsing. So if you are not near the charging slot, you might think twice to play video on it. I don’t watch to many videos on my Xperia Z but certainly browse internet a lot on it. So to keep my Xperia Z display a lot longer I came across “Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z”. If you are looking for some additional battery power for your Xperia Z1, this is the best one we have got.
Mugen Power is the leading name when it comes for battery replacement for your phone. As Xperia Z has non removable battery so to provide much longer battery juice they came up with 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z. It is just like another regular back cover but much more advanced and can supply massive 3000mAh battery power to your Xperia Z in addition to original 2330mAh battery power of Xperia Z.
Let’s have a closer look at Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z hands on review.
It is priced at $89.50 with world wide free shipping and 365 days return policy. Available in White and Black color.
[ Review ] Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z
Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z is shipped from Hong Kong via regular postal service and it usually takes around 5 business days to reach India, it may take more depending on your location. Pretty much satisfied with the packaging sent to us.
Below you can see Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z naked look of front side. It is sealed in transparent cover.
Back side of cover displays a sheet of instructions on how to use it.
Have a look at Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z out of the box.
At the back of Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z, you will see 5 LED lights and a button at the right side beside them, pressing it lights up LED and the number of LED lighted up displays the power remaining in the Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z.
Four Blue LED lights indicate power level.
- 4 Blue LED lights – Power 100 %
- 3 Blue LED lights – Power 75 %
- 2 Blue LED lights – Power 50 %
- 1 Blue LED light – Power 25 %
Flashing LED indicates power is below 10 % and it is the time to charge Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case via AC adapter
- Cell Type – Li Polymer.
- Voltage – 3.7v
- Capacity – 3000mAh
- Input – DC 5V – 1.5A
- Output – DC 5V – 800mAh
Instructions on How to Use ?
- On/Off button is there at the bottom, slide it towards On side. Now put on your Xperia Z inside the case, make sure the charging dock pins are well inserted inside the case.
- As soon as charging pins of Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case comes in contact with the Xperia Z, phone’s charging takes place.
On/OFF Button – How to Charge the Case ?
- OFF Mode – During this mode if you connect AC Adapter to Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z, the case will be charged.
- ON Mode – During this mode if you connect AC Adapter to Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z both phone and case will charged.
Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z blends in very well with the phone. The lower portion of the case is bit heavy as where the battery plate is situated while the upper portion is light in weight. Case has well openings for every port and flaps on the phone. Case is a bit thick but it is usual as it has 3000mAh battery plate inside it.
It is a lot durable, well built, tough in nature and acts has hard shell covering for your phone. Do not try to put phone in your pocket while case in on. Place it somewhere in open or in your hands if you are simultaneously using the phone while charging is on.
Charging Test Results
It takes around approx 4-5 hours to charge the Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z from 0 to 100%. It’s a lot time, but you have to bear it.
So how much time will this case back up your Xperia Z ? You must be thinking for now…
- While charging our Xperia Z from 60-100% battery, it took around 2 Hours 20 minutes and only 25% battery was left in Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z.
- While charging our phone via AC Adapter it usually takes around 2 Hours 10 minutes to charge it fully and the battery temperature usually lies around 31 degree Celsius but charging via Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case, the back of phone gets heated up to 40 degree Celsius while the case discharges from 100 – 50% and after that temperature dropped to 35 degree Celsius.
Update :- Heating issue is solved at the plant 🙂
- Durable. It my seem bulky to some users, but 3000mAh case has to be logically.
- Easy to use.
- Price worth.
- Battery back up sufficient if charging from low 10%.
- Too much time taken to charge the case.
- Phone heats up during charging.
Thanks Mugen Power for sending us Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case for Sony Xperia Z for review 🙂 Recommended product.
Mugen Power 3000mAh Battery Case is also compatible with Docomo Xperia Z SO-02E version and is of great use if you travel a lot then it is wise to have an alternate power source for your phone and with this case you get some additional hours on your Xperia Z. As now Xperia Z1 battery results have come up and they didn’t impress many users a lot, we are expecting a much better battery power case like this for Xperia Z1 also from Mugen Power.
If you have used this case and wants us to add us something in above review, drop your comments and let us know your review on it…