Widgets and apps from system dump of Xperia i1 Honami and Xperia Z Ultra have been leaked and the most basic requirement to install them is that you should have Deodexed ROM on your phone. Well last time we wrote a tutorial for Xperia S and SL users on how to deodex their ROM which you can find below, now Xperia Z C6603 and C6602 users can also deodex their stock Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.423 Jelly Bean ROM.
How to Deodex Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.423 Jelly Bean ROM ?
To install mods and themes from system dump of Xperia i1 Honami and Xperia Z Ultra you need deodex ROM, let’s see how you can do that…
- Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.423 Jelly Bean on Xperia Z C6603 / C6602. If you haven’t updated yet, please update from given below link.
- Rooted Xperia Z C6603 / C6602 on Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.423 Jelly Bean ROM. Root your Xperia Z C6603 / C6602 using DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit v16. Please use v16, download it and run the script. Done.
- CWM Recovery installed on your Xperia Z. To install CWM v220.127.116.11 Recovery on your rooted Xperia Z, please follow the given below link.
When you are done with above 3 must steps, proceed with below mentioned steps to deodex your ROM.
How to DeOdex Xperia Z ROM ?
Please make a nandroid backup of your ROM and SD card data before proceeding.
We tested on device :- Xperia Z C6602
Download the below DeOdexing Zip file.
Download 423_DXD_CWM.zip I 366 MB
NOTE :- Above Posted DeOdex Zip file is NOT a ROM. It will just convert all “odex-files” to “deodex-files” in these folders /system/app and /system/framework.
- Reboot your Xperia Z C6603 / C6602 in CWM recovery.
- Make sure /system partition is unmounted otherwise you may get Error 7.
- Wipe the Dalvik Cache.
- Now flash the 423_DXD_CWM.zip file in Recovery.
Done, you have now Deodexed Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.423 Jelly Bean ROM 🙂 Go to system/app and check if there is any odex file, if not then the process if fully done.
If there is any, please report in comments something must have gone wrong.
As now you have deodexed ROM you can try some of the mods and themes on your Xperia Z.
If you find any issues in deodexing your ROM or anything leave comment we will help you out 🙂[ via – XDA ]