Xperia Z1 has finally landed up in many markets across the world and some are appreciating its brilliance and some are criticizing it, well that happens with every phone but what is more important is that development from the point of view of developers have begun and Xperia Z1 is soon catching up its predecessor in that area. Today we will see how to root Sony Xperia Z1.
Till now no one click method like DooMLoRD Rooting kit is available but some rooting tools like 360root, vRoot, Kingo Android ROOT etc. have managed to root Xperia Z1 successfully on all firmware till now, latest one available is 14.1.G.1.534 firmware.
How to Root Xperia Z1 ?
There are three tools now to root Xperia Z1, we will discuss all three here. 360root and vRoot are in Chinese language and Kingo Android is in English language. Working on all 14.1.G.1.526 , 14.1.G.1.531 and 14.1.G.1.534 firmware of Xperia Z1.
Root Xperia Z1 using vRoot
- Download vRoot tool. Install it after downloading, keep on clicking next button till installation is finished, whole interface is in Chinese language.
- Open the vRoot program on PC and connect your Xperia Z1 to PC. Enable “unknown apps” installation option in security settings and “USB Debugging also”.
- See below image you will get notification like that when your Xperia Z1 is identified with its model number.
- Click on “Green ROOT” button and your Xperia Z1 is rooted. As soon as it is finished, you will see a screen like this.
Below you can see a video tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z1 via vRoot.
- Download and Install 360root program on your PC. It require a Chinese OS to start up, but you may able to run it using compatibility settings on Windows PC.
- Before connecting phone to PC, turn on USB Debugging on Xperia Z1 then connect it.
- Open 360root program and see the “Green ROOT” button at the bottom right corner, click on it.
- As soon rooting is finished you will get a message saying “Congratulations, rooting was successful” in Chinese 😛
- Now see the “Green” button in above image, click on it to get root permissions.
- After that you will see the “Root” written in “BLUE” color on the top left corner means your Xperia Z1 have not root permissions.
Root Xperia Z1 using Kingo Android
- Download and Install Kingo Android program on PC.
- Enable USB Debugging before connecting Xperia Z1 to PC.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to root your Xperia Z1.
If you have any other method to root Xperia Z1, then let us know. If successfully rooted then drop your comments below…[ via XDA ]
Do I lose my data? Does it wipe some storage?
No you don’t loose anything….still for assurance, do make a back up via PC Companion, it will take hardly 5 minutes.
Thank you, I will consider that 🙂
Thanks for the guide. Does rooting still break the camera app?
no it doesn’t 🙂 only unlocking the bootloader does, but if you back up TA that can also be prevented.
Hi.. Can i root other phones like Xperia Z Ultra or other brand like alcatel One Touch Glory? Your response is really appreciated.. Thank You..
Well it works on xperia z ultra and other xperia phones.
I can’t say about other phones which you asked 😛
does these root works for 2.257 fw?
not yet. we tried but failed. VRoot has been mailed regarding this. As soon method comes up we will post it 🙂
Hi, how to get 360Root to run on other OS? in compatibility mode you can anyway change the language or anything simlar…
In the last option after connecting downloaded the drivers, after downloading, the system failed to install, and the screen appeared telling disconnect.
The 360root, unable to use (install) and Vroot failed rootear. In short, I still can not root on my Z1: (
Hi im using z1 c6902 android 4.3 14.2.A290 cant root anyone help
Can I use this on xperia z1 c6906
Phone Software Version:
GENERIC — user
File System Version:
S1 Boot Version:
ETS Software Version:
No ﬁle found
Touch Firmware Version:
Fuel Guage Firmware Version:
The phone doesn’t support ﬁrmware version read
hi! does this work on 4.3 14.2.A.136? thanks! hope you can help me since this is my first ever android phone.. cheers! 🙂
I don’t think so this app works on 1.136 firmware, we are posting another guide…stay tuned
Do I have to have the newest android version installed on it before rooting?
Nope you can try it on any version though we are getting reports that newer Z1 versions are not rooted by this tool anymore.
Hi! I currently own a Xperia z1 with android 4.3. I used both the applications mentioned above but they both failed. And yes, my usb debugging was enabled. Can you help me out a bit?
This does not work since it requires chinese OS! Please remove this shitty guide.
Doesn’t work on the latest .757 KK firmware. Tried but failed !
can i root my xperia t2 ultra dual via kingroot
Anurag, I need some help….i tried to roort my Z1….after the floshed rom and restarted it went to loop. After certain restart it gets stuck in Sony logo…
Can’t even got to Safe mode/recovery mode..
Can you please suggest some steps to recover my phone.
Hey, Need some help!!
I want to root my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. How to do it bro ?
Thanks, hope this app works for me to root my samsung device!