This evening we saw XDA Recognized Developer DooMLoRD leaking screenshots of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware for Xperia Z C6603 and now he has leaked the full ROM, yes Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware for Xperia Z C6603/C6602 has been leaked.
Xperia Z C6603 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware details
- Model Number – Xperia Z C6603
- Android – 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Baseband version – 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110049-31
- Kernel Version – 3.4.0
- Build Number – 10.3.A.0.407
Same old kernel version 3.4.0 is noted here. Well it seems to be an early build of android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, though it has been certified by PTCRB on 4 June.
Now let’s see how you can flash the leaked Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware.
How to flash leaked Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware ROM ?
Leaked firmware is meant only for developer (brown) devices, thought it is ported successfully on production (red) devices, still somethings may not work. Flash on your own risk. Try it only on Xperia Z C6603/C6602. Do not cross flash.
- Unlocked bootloader on Xperia Z C6603/C6602. If it is not, unlock it first to flash the ROM.
- You must be on either 10.1.1.A.1.253 firmware or on 10.1.1.A.1.307 firmware.
- Below mentioned ROM.
- Any kernel with recovery.
Before flashing the ROM it is always advised to back up all your data on phone including on SD card.
Download leaked Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware ROM
Download Z-DooMLoRD-4.2.2-leak_407.zip I 742 MB
MD5 Sum: 6fbde2a32e99462e24abd13fdc00d162
What’s included in ROM ?
- Leaked Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware ROM is prerooted with busybox installed.
- Kernel has already working CWM recovery added.
Flashing tutorial guide
- Download the above ROM and save it on your SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery. (CWM). To enter in recovery press “volume up” button again and again as soon you see “Pink” LED at boot up.
- Now flash the ROM’s “update.zip”. (time consuming step). “Wiping Data” in recovery is recommended.
- It’s done, now reboot your device.
- At the first boot up, NFE firmware will be updated. Let is complete.
ROM will be stabilized after some time 😛
All below pictures are courtesy of XDA member DooMLoRD
Xperia Z C6603 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.o.407 firmware Leaked Screenshots
Do try flashing the firmware if you want to see what has been put by Sony on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Xperia Z. Well it’s an early build yet, some features may not work. Do let us know in comment section if it worked for you. Mention the bugs and the features you liked.[ via – XDA ]