Ever wished you could unleash the full potential of your Sony Xperia Z1? With root access you will be able to install various mods and try custom roms that could potentially make your device run a lot faster and also extend the battery life. If you wished you could have 4K recording and the cool Timeshift Video known from Xperia Z2 thanks to various developers that will be possible as well. So what are you waiting for?
Sony recently rolled android 4.4.2 14.3.A.0.761 firmware update on Xperia Z1 and if you are looking for a method to root Xperia Z1 we have got one. This rooting method does not require unlocking of the bootloader and you will be able to easily revert to stock. Kindly note rooting voids warranty and as soon as you revert back to original firmware you get warranty back.
[VIDEO] Root Xperia Z1
- This guide will remove all data on your phone so make sure you perform a BACKUP first!
- Answers to most commonly asked questions to root Xperia Z1 ( FAQ ) can be found in below video.
- Xperia Z1 Drivers, download here.
- Newest FLASHTOOL, download here.
- Newest Recovery installer by NUT (file name: Z1-lockeddualrecovery(…)installer.zip ), Download here.
- Any .534 firmware corresponding to your model number from here, get from here.
- Check your phone model by going to Settings > About Phone > Model Number and download the right files from below:
Flashable zip – C6902_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip
Stripped ftf – C6902_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf
Flashable zip – C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip
Stripped ftf – C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf
14.3.A.0.761 firmware files, get them here.
Flashable zip – C6906_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip
Stripped ftf – C6906_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf
Flashable zip – C6943_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip
Stripped ftf – C6943_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf
If in any doubt to root Xperia Z1 kindly put your comments below XDA user shem2409 will surely answer it. Drop your comments below.