We hope all Xperia Z1 users have already updated to android 4.4.4 14.4.A.0.108 firmware update already if you haven’t do it. If you are waiting for PC Companion update notification, well then you can flash the 14.4.A.0.108 firmware ftf on your device. It doesn’t require rooting.
Download 14.4.A.0.108 firmware ftf for Xperia Z1 from here. Flashing firmware steps here. Once you are done now you have too root your device. To Root Xperia Z1 on 14.4.A.0.108 firmware, follow the steps given here. Once you are rooted now let’s install custom recovery.
How to Install Recovery on Xperia Z1
Follow the below mentioned steps are your own risk, you may get bootloop error if not performed cautiously. Do check the source links for more clarification. Below mentioned files are for Xperia Z1 only, do not try them on Z Ultra or Z1 Compact.
For locked bootloaders. You will get dual recovery installed. To know more about installing recovery, check here.
- Download below mentioned recovery installed zip file and extract it on your PC.
Enable USB Debugging on your phone and connect it to PC.
- After extracting above file, click on Install.bat to run the program. Follow the on screen instructions and recovery will be installed soon.
Flash 14.4.A.0.108 firmware deodex patch on Xperia Z1
Download 14.4.A.0.108 firmware deodex patch for Xperia Z1 from below.
- Copy the above zip file on your phone and reboot in recovery.
- Flash the above download zip file in recovery.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Reboot system.
Now you have got stock 14.4.A.0.108 firmware deodex ROM on your Xperia Z1 and now you can try all mods which require deodex ROM.
Let us know if you face any issues in above mentioned steps. Drop your comments below.