A few days back we saw Sony letting us know it’s android 4.3 update strategies and confirming that android 4.2.2 will be available for Xperia ZR and Tablet Z soon in August. But last noticed we spotted an unusual perf_event exploit patch fixing Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update on Xperia Z and ZL.
Just now we have spotted the same Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update on Xperia ZR also. Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update is confirmed for both C5503 LTE version and C5502 HSPA+ version.
Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update has been rolled out in Nordic countries till now, Some users from India also have reported the update but can’t say whether they updated via flashtool or a pure OTA update. Update Confirmed in Russia now.
10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update is a new update for Jelly Bean version 4.2.2 from Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.310 and a perf_event exploit patch fixing update from Sony.
[ UPDATE ]
[ UPDATE ]
Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update
- Android – Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Phone Model – Xperia ZR C5503
- Baseband version – 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110057-39
- Build Number – 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware
- Kernel – 3.4.0-g3865184 [email protected] #1 Tue Jul 07:57:34 2013
Ironically Xperia ZR has been given the same Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update just like Xperia Z and ZL with the same kernel source and baseband version.
Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update via PC companion or SUS
Connect your Xperia ZR C5503 / C5502 to PC Companion or Sony update Service and look for Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update notification if you have got any, proceed it further.
First reboot after the update may take some time. Thanks St_Ranger 🙂 for above screenshots.
Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware – Manual Update by Flashing ftf.
If you have not got any notification of update yet on PC Companion or SUS then you can update your Xperia Z manually bu flashing the ftf file of Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update.
Download Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware ftf file from given below link. Below file belongs to Nordic Region. You can flash the below ftf file on Xperia ZR C5502 also, though you will get LTE settings but it will not work obviously 😛
Download C5503_10.3.1.A.0.244_NCB.ftf I 692 MB ( Unbranded)
Download Xperia ZR C5503 Russian region ftf file.
Download C5503_10.3.1.A.0.244_RU.ftf I 694 MB
[ UPDATE ]
XDA Developer DooMLoRD has just tweeted that all Xperia Z / ZL users who have rooted handset, shouldn’t flash this 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware ftf file directly. They should use OTA ROOT KEEPER, otherwise root will be lost in this new firmware.
How to keep Root in Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update ?
If you are updating your Xperia ZR directly via Flashtool, everything in (the /system partition) gets formatted completely, so you loose root :/ So update it over OTA to keep root.
Root Access will be lost, if flashing via FlashTool.
Use OTA RootKeeper, if you want to have root access remain to your phone. If you are updating your Xperia ZR by “Update Center” app, then using OTA RootKeeper, you can save your root access.
Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware Review / Changelog / Screenshots
A changelog has been posted below of the Xperia ZR Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update…
- Camera quality increased in terms of speed of focusing. Better color calibration this time.
- Low light shots have good results as compared to previous version ( In Xperia Z and ZL update, they too have good quality pics in low light).
- 1762 MB RAM available for usage.
- 3G Signal strength improved.
- New UI in Update Center app.
- Quick Settings option in notification panel.
- Screen contrast is much higher,dark text on light background looks pleasant.
- Daydream screensavers.
- Under Accessibility option in settings; Magnification gestures included. Triple tap to magnify the entire phone screen then pan and zoom with two fingers
- DualShock 3 Wireless controller support.
- Screen Mirroring available.
- New Clock app, World-Clock, timer app.
- No screenshot taking option in power menu.
- Increased Battery life on this update 🙂
If you have updated your Xperia ZR on Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware update, then please comment regarding the changelog you noticed and the bugs…