Sony recently updated Xperia Z2 on 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware unexpectedly which brought changes like improved call voice quality, faster battery charging. Earlier root method was not available for 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware but now you can root your Xperia Z2 on 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware via rootkitXperia developed by @cubeundcube.
XDA user RyokoN mentions that above mentioned root tool kit uses two exploits i.e. ‘master key exploit‘ (bug 9950697) and CVE-2013-6282 on an older version but now it uses CVE-2014-3153 (towelroot exploit).
Confirmed devices working on this kit are Xperia Z2 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware, Xperia Z1 14.3.B.0.288, Xperia SP 12.1.A.1.205 etc.
Download rootkitXperia tool
How to Root ?
- Set up adb ( path ). How to do steps here.
- Go to settings on your phone and enable unknown sources and USB Debugging option.
- Download the above zip, extract it.
- Click on Install.bat.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- Your device will reboot and CMD will show “完了しました” or “— all finished —“, consider rooting done then.
Try the above method if you want root on Xperia Z2 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware.. Let us know if it works. Drop your comments below.
Source – XDA