A moment ago Sony officially confirmed that Android 4.4.2 KitKat update rollout for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra has started rolling and it should come to devices very soon ( still in seeding stage ). Sony has also mentioned that they will be rolling android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia ZR in mid Q2 2014 and Xperia T2 Ultra / Dual, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 will also be upgraded to android 4.4.2 KitKat but no specific date for rollout mentioned yet.
Just now Sony Mobile has update the Xperia Z1 Compact latest version on Software page as Android 4.4.2 KitKat, roll out starting date 19 March 2014 with build number 14.3.A.0.681 firmware. 14.3.A.0.681 firmware update on Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 has not been spotted yet on user’s handset in regions and as soon as it rolls out we will let update you.
Xperia Z1 Compact 14.3.A.0.681 firmware KitKat Update
Xperia Z1 Compact 14.3.A.0.681 firmware Screenshots
2 Tab option is seen in notification panel > Notifications and Quick Settings.
New Home screen UI spotted with new battery icon, transparent navigation and status bar.
New Start up screen.
Download Xperia Z1 Compact 14.3.A.0.681 firmware ftf for manual flashing
#Commercial and Journalist firmware
[ via XDA user Jozinek ]
[ via XDA user Darkimmortal ]
[ via XDA user louis0815 ]
To install Xperia Z1 Compact 14.3.A.0.681 firmware ftf, download Xperia Flash Tool from below and you can also refer to ours manually flashing guide.
How to flash manually Android 4.4.2 14.3.A.0.681 firmware ftf on Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 ?
Download concerned ftfs from above links.
Note :- No Root Needed. Warranty not void, safe. Works on both Locked/Unlocked bootloaders. Below mentioned guide is for Xperia Z1 and is similar for Xperia Z1 Compact .
Kindly un-check the options “Wipe Data, cache, logs” if you want to protect your phone’s data after flashing.
Guide :- How to flash Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z1 Compact 14.3.A.0.681 firmware ftf using Flashtool manually ?
14.3.A.0.681 firmware KitKat Update Official Changelog as per Sony.
- Camera app update to improve overall camera performance.
- Stock email app is updated.
- Stability, performance and battery improvements.
- New Xperia KitKat UI as per Google’s android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
- Tweaked status bar and quick settings options. 2 Tabs notification panel included.
- New UI for Sony Playstation 4. New animation and live wallpapers for lockscreen and homescreen.
- New Sony Media apps including Walkman, Album, Movies.
- Sony’s native stock apps updated like Message app, Call app, TrackID, TackID TV, MyXperia, SmartConnect and small apps.
- New Xperia downloadable themes included.
As per the changelog provided by Sony it is clear that there is No 4K cam app, No TimeShift Video app, No Smart Call Handling app, No Smart Backlight Control, No Glove Mode, No Tap to Wake up feature which is spotted in Xperia Z2 KitKat firmware.
Xperia Z1 Compact KitKat changelog as per users
- New Homescreen and locksreen wallpapers.
- Transparent navigation bar and status bar.
- New Battery icon.
- No touch to wake up feature.
- New start up screen.
- New KitKat Boot animation.
- Screenshot option in Power menu.
- Calendar app updated.
- Answering machine option in call app.
- Manage notification settings for particular app.
- Default SMS app settings.
There is no point of giving all Xperia Z2 exclusive firmware features to other Sony devices until Xperia Z2 is available in market for purchase.
We will soon post the Xperia Z1 Compact 14.3.A.0.681 firmware ftf and screenshots as soon as it is out.
If any Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 user already got this new 14.3.A.0.681 firmware update then do let us know. Post your screenshots and changelog below. Drop your comments.[ Pics via XDA user Jozinek ]
Not only changed for z1 compacts.. changelog updated for z1 too
Yes I saw, am updating the post for each phone separately so can post the ftfs separately otherwise it will get messy in one post :/
Message font size is very small now ! grrrr Why they change that….. ??
What does that mean generic or Commercial and Journalist firmware?
What are these? What do I need? thx