Talking of firmware updates, we just loving Sony’s frequency on rolling them this time. Yet another device Xperia L both C2105 and C2104 HSPA+ version have been updated to new Android 4.1.2 15.0.A.2.17 firmware update over the previous 15.0.A.1.36 firmware update. 15.0.A.2.17 firmware update is available over PC Companion, SUS and Bridge. No OTA is seen yet. Update confirmed in India, Indonesia. Look for changelog at below of post, it has some cool features…
Xperia L C2105, C2104 Android 4.1.2 15.0.A.2.17 firmware update Rolled
- Model Number – Xperia L C2105 / C2104
- Android Version – Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Baseband Version – 8930B-BAAAANAZQ-12321-06-2019
- Kernel Version – 3.4.0
- Firmware build number – 15.0.A.2.17
A little bit modification is noticed in both kernel version and baseband.
Xperia L C2105, C2104 Android 4.1.2 15.0.A.2.17 firmware update by PC Companion
Connect your Xperia L to PC Companion and look for update notification as shown below, if yes then proceed as per screen instructions.
First reboot after update is normally slow, it will be normal soon.
If you haven’t got update notification over PCC or SUS, then you can follow our guide for manual flashing.
Xperia L C2105, C2104 Android 4.1.2 15.0.A.2.17 firmware Manual Flashing
Download the ftf from below link and flash it on your phone. Flashing don’t require root neither it voids warranty.
File System Version: WORLD-a_15.0.A.1.36
Download C2104_15.0.A.2.17_India.zip | 587 MB
(Via XDA member Rachit Rawat )
File System Version: WORLD-i_15.0.A.1.36
Download C2105_15.0.A.2.17_PT. TELETAMA ARTHA MANDIRI.part1.rar | 512 MB
Download C2105_15.0.A.2.17_PT. TELETAMA ARTHA MANDIRI.part2.rar | 79 MB
(Via XDA member karkand )
Xperia L C2105, C2104 Android 4.1.2 15.0.A.2.17 firmware update Changelog / Review / Screenshots
- Small Apps have been introduced New cool feature, it was missing before.
- Sony MyXperia app is pre-installed, it is an alternative to Google’s Android Device Manager but MyXperia was first seen in Xperia Z.
- Camera quality increased with improved HDR feature. Front camera’s black and white bug eliminated.
- ISO settings in camera added.
- Shooting videos indoor at 720p mode doesn’t lag now.
- RAM increased to 785.6 MB from 777.7 MB from 1 GB total available.
- A little bit more space was seen in internal memory ( as confirmed by some users ).
- LED notifications flash differently for each app.
- Overall performance increased.
- Google Android Device Manager seen in security settings.
- No OTG cable support.
- Improved Multi-touch.
Overall 15.0.A.2.17 firmware update is a nice one for Xperia L users, if you have updated to it, please let us know if you find any more changes or bug…Comments appreciated.
Thanks XDA users karkand, shivamk11, Rachit Rawat for screenshots & changelog