Sony has officially rolled Xperia Z1 android 4.4.2 14.3.A.0.681 firmware update two days back and same the build number is also spotted on Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. On 14.3.A.0.681 firmware update, new native features of Android 4.4.2 KitKat are spotted along with some Sony exclusive features like answering machine option in phone app, new Xperia stock themes and wallpapers, new boot animation, new developer settings etc.
Now as 14.3.A.0.681 firmware update has arrived, many users are finding a way to root it, unfortunately just like Xperia Z1 Android 4.3 update there is no direct way of rooting Xperia Z1 on 14.3.A.0.681 firmware, you need to downgrade to previous versions or already have a rooted firmware. Let’s see how you can Root Xperia Z1 14.3.A.0.681 firmware using detailed guide by XDA dev [NUT].
How to Root Xperia Z1 14.3.A.0.681 firmware ?
Below mentioned guide supported for both locked as well as unlocked bootloader.
- Latest version of Xperia Flash Tool, download flashtool-0.9.15.0-windows.exe
- Xperia Z Dual Recovery version 2.7.90 or any new version. Get it here.
- You must be on a rooted Xperia Z1 firmware i.e. 14.2.A.0.290 or 14.2.A.1.136. If you are not then Follow this guide to root 14.2.A.0.290 and this guide to root 14.2.A.1.136 firmware. IT IS MUST.
What is there below ?
- SuperSU integration in system – Full Root access.
- init.d support. Don’t know what it is, Read this.
Considering you are already on a rooted Xperia Z1 firmware i.e. 14.2.A.0.290 or 14.2.A.1.136 firmware, now proceed to update Xperia Z1 on 14.3.A.0.681 firmware KitKat and root it.
- Download the mentioned files for your concerned device.
In below steps “XX” denotes 02 or 03 as per your device respectively. Use TWRP recovery if possible everywhere below.
- Save C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip on external SDCard1
- Now put C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf file inside Flashtool/firmwares folder on your PC.
- Do make a backup of your whole device using recovery and do backup contents of SD card and internal memory.
- Flash C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip in recovery ( TWRP ).
NOTE – Do not reboot now. Navigate to main menu > reboot > power off.
- Flash C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf file on your Xperia Z1 using Flashtool.
- Reboot to system.
As usual first reboot is slow and an soon you see Blue KitKat animation, you will android apps getting optimized. Cheers, now your have got Root on Xperia Z1 14.3.A.0.681 firmware.
Deodex zip pack of Xperia Z1 14.3.A.0.681 firmware will soon be posted. We advise all Xperia Z1 users to see the source thread by developer to rectify any doubts if you have on above mentioned guide for better clarification of technical stuffs. Do not mirror any files without developer’s permission.
If you want to revert back to stock Xperia Z1 14.3.A.0.681 firmware, then follow the below link for the ftfs and guide to flash it.
[ Source – XDA dev NUT ]