Android 4.3 14.2.A.0.290 firmware was rolled on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ulltra half a month ago which fixed the camera breaking issue on Xperia Z1 after unlocking the bootloader and brought Sony Smart camera app on Xperia Z Ultra besides some new cool Xperia Themes. Later Sony rolled android 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 firmware on Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z LTE version which brought exact same UI what Xperia Z1 now supports and Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi version was left out as usual.
Just now Sony has started rolling Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware update on Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi SGP311/SGP312 version and is available in regions like India, UK, Australia , Indonesia, Nordic regions, US, Malaysia. Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware update is available over PC Companion and SUS, no OTA rolled out yet. It’s a hefty 792 MB update.
Connect your Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi SGP311/SGP312 to PC Companion and proceed as per on screen instructions.
Official Changelog from Sony
User interface Optimization and smoother graphical experience .
New Sony UI with new home screen look and feel.
Sony’s Smart Social Camera app and downloadable camera apps.
New version of Battery STAMINA mode.
Security enhancement of Android 4.3
Download Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware ftf for manual updating/flashing
Download the below ftf files for Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware as per your region and flash manually using flashtool. No Root needed, no data is lost, no need to unlock the bootloader.
# For Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi SGP311 Generic US 1272-7479
Download SGP311_10.4.B.0.577_Generic US.part1.rar
Download SGP311_10.4.B.0.577_Generic US.part2.rar
[ via XDA user DdcCabuslay ]
# For Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi SGP311 Generic Unbranded NORDIC
Download SGP311_10.4.B.0.577_Generic NORDIC.ftf
[ via XDA user Nepturion ]
# For Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi SGP311 UK Unbranded
[ via XDA user SwiftSmoke ]
Check below our handy guide on how to flash manually Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware ftf on Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi version.
Guide :- How to flash 10.4.B.0.577 firmware on Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi ?
Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware Features / Changelog for Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi SGP311/SGP312
- White UI exactly similar to Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra android 4.3 look.
- New improved Smart camera app like Xperia Z1.
- New Xperia wallpapers exactly like Xperia Z1.
- You can choose new themes now, as there is “+” option tapping on it, you can download some cool themes from Sony Select app where the navigation bar and status bar color changes like to “blue” and the soft keys icons also.
- New keyboard app with One-Hand Keyboard settings.
- Tablet’s UI changes as per theme applied.
- Home screen soft icons and status bar changes as per theme applied.
- Windows Tethering option is there which allows Xperia Tablet Z Wi-fi to be paired with Windows 8.1+ PC via Bluetooth. You can connect to the mobile network from your PC without any further settings on your phone
- Performance enhancement and Bug fixing.
- Screen calibrated for more brighter display.
- Battery life, need to test it.
- Restricted profiles settings in Xperia Tablet Z for more control of multi-user settings.
- Double Tap the screen to wake up settings in display settings.
If you have updated to Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.577 firmware update on Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi, do let us know what major chnages you noticed. Are you facing any battery drain issue, low Wi-fi receptions signals. Drop your comments below.