Xiaomi released it’s 2013 flagship in India on 29th July, 2014 with refreshed hardware. It has tied up with flipkart for the sales. Although, Xiaomi is a chinese manufacturer, it is getting a huge response in India. For those people who were lucky enough to buy that phone, here is the tutorial on how to root Xiaomi Mi3 India Version.
Below posted method will replace your stock recovery with CWM recovery and will root your device. Kindly make sure that rooting voids warranty so proceed if you are willing to do so.
Root Xiaomi Mi3
Download below mentioned two files:
- Put these files in your phone’s internal memory
- Now, open updater app.
- Press menu button and choose ‘select update package’
- Choose update.zip that you copied
- Process will take about 1 to 2 minutes.
- phone will ask you to reboot.
- select reboot now.
- Now, turn off your phone and open recovery ( Press volume+ and power button simultaneously )
- Now select choose zip from sd card/0, choose “Root CWM flashable.zip” and select yes.
Voila!! You have root access now. You can now use any root app.
Enjoy Modding your phone!!!