Google has finally started rolling out bug fixing android 4.4.1 KOT49E update on Google Nexus 5. All users who are on android 4.4.0 KRT16M should be getting the Android 4.4.1 KOT49E Update notification as a OTA update soon on their Nexus 5 devices globally, depends on their region also. At present Nexus 5 on android 4.4.0 KRT16M build is suffering from many camera issues like auto-focus is not good, slow capture speed and for some bluish tint appeared in pics.
Good news is that besides pushing Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update as a OTA update, Google has officially made the Android 4.4.1 KOT49E package zip files available to install it manually on Nexus 5.
[ UPDATE ]
At present status of Nexus 5 on android 4.4.0 KRT16M build is :-
- Build – KRT16M
- Baseband Version- M8974A-184.108.40.206.1
- Kernel Version – 3.4.0-g9eb14ba
After Android 4.4.1 KOT49E Update :-
- Build – KOT49E
- Baseband Version- M8974A-220.127.116.11.23
- Kernel Version – 3.4.0-gadb2201
Download Nexus 5 Android 4.4.1 KOT49E Update Package
Download hammerhead-KOT49E-from-KRT16M.7ed504f6.zip | 53.97MB
How to Install Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update package for Nexus 5 ?
Just follow our standard guide on how to update a Nexus device manually and it will be all done very easily.
New Features noticed
- Focus is a lot better now.
- Instead of gallery now camera app links to photos app.
- Fast loading of camera app.
- A bit increase in time of taking photos.
- Loudness of speaker seems increased, not sure although.
- A new HDR+ processing animation.
- Screen colors also seem more vibrant now, whites are more white now, no more yellow.
UK Nexus 5 users are saying that they have not got the Nexus 5 Android 4.4.1 KOT49E Update yet, let us know if you have already updated your Nexus 5, is camera improved for you ? Drop your comments below.