As when Sony mentioned on their official blog that Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia Ion and Xperia Acro S will be getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update by the end of month May then it created a lot of disturbance among Xperia S and Xperia SL users which can be easily seen on various popular forums and other blogs, even you can notice the comments on the Sony’s official blog.
Install Leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware 6.2.B.0.197 on Xperia S / SL
At present both Xperia S LT26i and Xperia SL LT26ii are on Android 4.0.4 ICS version. As stated officially Xperia S and Xperia SL users have to wait till the end of month May but the XDA Developer DooMLoRD has leaked the Xperia S/SL android 4.1.2 JellyBean firmware 6.2.B.0.197 with a porting method.
- Model Number – Xperia S LT26i
- Android – 4.1.2 JB
- Baseband version – 8660-AAABQLYM-314010-32
- Kernel Version – 3.4.0
- Build Number – 6.2.B.0.197
Working fine on Xperia SL LT26ii Consumer (Red) Devices
Leaked firmware 6.2.B.0.197 for Xperia S and SL are not the official release, mainly meant for developer (Brown) handsets but as when tested on consumer (Red) handsets, it is working smoothly with all features. While installing the firmware, if anything happens to your device then neither developer nor us are responsible, proceed further at your own risk.
Backing Up Xperia S / SL
Before flashing the ROM it always advisable to back up content on your device. To take a back up on your Xperia S/SL, connect your phone to PC > run PC companion > Click on option “Back up and Restore” > Proceed with further options shown on screen.
- Bootloader on your Xperia S / SL must be unlocked. If it is not, do not proceed further.
- Your Xperia S / SL must be on Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware build number 6.1.A.2.55, if it is not then please update your phone.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware 6.2.B.0.197 on Xperia S / SL ?
It is very easy to install via recovery, comes with pre-installed busybox. and working CWM recovery included in kernel. Download the Jelly Bean ROM for Xperia S / SL from below link:-
Download LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak-JB-197.zip I 471.27 MB
MD5 Sum: 1a32cf9524d0dfe67b930cc412f6bb24
- After downloading the above ROM, save it on your phone’s SD Card.
- Check whether the /system partition is mounted or unmounted, make sure it remains unmounted.
- Now reboot your Xperia S / SL in recovery.
- Start flashing with ROMs update.zip file, time consuming task.
- Reboot your phone after the above step, as when phone boots and you see Xperia startup animation it reboots again, don’t worry.
- Reboot your device again, it may take a long time to do that, after updating ROM phone rebooting takes a bit time for the first time and after that is stabilize automatically.
Now you are done installing leaked Xperia S/SL android 4.1.2 JellyBean firmware 6.2.B.0.197. Enjoy the jelly bean on your phone and its features.
What to do if Status 7 Error comes ?
As when you are flashing update.zip file via recovery, just extract boot.img which has pre-installed CWM recovery, from the ROM you pasted in your SD Card and then flash the file using fastboot then enter ROM and now flash it via recovery.
Leaked Xperia S/SL android 4.1.2 JellyBean firmware 6.2.B.0.197 Screenshots / Features
- New home screen added with 7 panes.
- Small apps added.
- White background new contact app / dialer.
- White background themed messaging app.
- New clock / weather widget added.
- New Media apps like Album, Movies, Walkman, Movies.
- Improved camera performance and new features added in camera.
As this is only the leaked version of what Xperia S and Xperia SL are going to get in the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update but it may be the case the some features may be missing or updated as compared with this leaked ROM. Do let us know if you have updated this leaked Xperia S/SL android 4.1.2 JellyBean firmware 6.2.B.0.197 on your phone. Do you like the Sony’s Jelly Bean flavor to Xperia S and Xperia SL.[ UPDATE – 25 MAY 2013 ] To download and install LEAKED Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware follow given below link.
[Via – XDA]