Xperia Z1 has finally landed up in many markets across the world and some are appreciating its brilliance and some are criticizing it, well that happens with every phone but what is more important is that development from the point of view of developers have begun and Xperia Z1 is soon catching up its predecessor in that area. Today we will see how to root Sony Xperia Z1.
Till now no one click method like DooMLoRD Rooting kit is available but some rooting tools like 360root, vRoot, Kingo Android ROOT etc. have managed to root Xperia Z1 successfully on all firmware till now, latest one available is 14.1.G.1.534 firmware.
How to Root Xperia Z1 ?
There are three tools now to root Xperia Z1, we will discuss all three here. 360root and vRoot are in Chinese language and Kingo Android is in English language. Working on all 14.1.G.1.526 , 14.1.G.1.531 and 14.1.G.1.534 firmware of Xperia Z1.
Root Xperia Z1 using vRoot
- Download vRoot tool. Install it after downloading, keep on clicking next button till installation is finished, whole interface is in Chinese language.
- Open the vRoot program on PC and connect your Xperia Z1 to PC. Enable “unknown apps” installation option in security settings and “USB Debugging also”.
- See below image you will get notification like that when your Xperia Z1 is identified with its model number.
- Click on “Green ROOT” button and your Xperia Z1 is rooted. As soon as it is finished, you will see a screen like this.
Below you can see a video tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z1 via vRoot.
- Download and Install 360root program on your PC. It require a Chinese OS to start up, but you may able to run it using compatibility settings on Windows PC.
- Before connecting phone to PC, turn on USB Debugging on Xperia Z1 then connect it.
- Open 360root program and see the “Green ROOT” button at the bottom right corner, click on it.
- As soon rooting is finished you will get a message saying “Congratulations, rooting was successful” in Chinese
- Now see the “Green” button in above image, click on it to get root permissions.
- After that you will see the “Root” written in “BLUE” color on the top left corner means your Xperia Z1 have not root permissions.
Root Xperia Z1 using Kingo Android
- Download and Install Kingo Android program on PC.
- Enable USB Debugging before connecting Xperia Z1 to PC.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to root your Xperia Z1.
If you have any other method to root Xperia Z1, then let us know. If successfully rooted then drop your comments below…[ via XDA ]