For all Xperia S, SL and Acro S users 6.2.B.1.96 firmware came as a sign of relief over previous buggy jell bean 6.2.B.0.211 firmware update. 6.2.B.1.96 firmware update is the best update seen till now ( Though ICS update was great also ) almost bug free for us and is very responsive and smooth, nice work from Sony devs.
Well already 6.2.B.1.96 firmware is rooted and CMW recovery installed, so what all is needed now to try all those Xperia Z1 ( Honami ) Mods, you need a 6.2.B.1.96 deodexed ROM.
Install Xperia S 6.2.B.1.96 Deodexed Zipaligned Rooted Busybox Installed ROM
As many Xperia S, SL and Acro S users were asking for it, 6.2.B.1.96 Deodexed ROM has been uploaded and is ready for use.
- Phones Needed – Xperia S.
You can try it on Xperia SL and Acro S, after flashing the Xperia S kernel on your respective phone and then after flashing the Xperia S Deodexed ROM, flash back your old original kernel. – Do it at your own risk.
- 6.2.B.1.96 firmware – You must have 6.2.B.1.96 installed on your phone, if not then follow the given below to download 6.2.B.1.96 ftf.
- Rooted 6.2.B.1.96 firmware – If you don’t have your Xperia S rooted on 6.2.B.1.96 firmware, then follow the given below link to root it.
- CWM recovery Installed – You below link to install CWM recovery on latest 6.2.B.1.96 firmware. Below Recovery method works for both 6.2.B.1.96 and 6.2.B.0.211 firmware.
After doing all above steps, let come to installing steps of 6.2.B.1.96 Deodexed ROM.
How to Install Xperia S 6.2.B.1.96 Deodexed ROM ?
Below mentioned ROM is Deodexed, Zipaligned, Rooted with BusyBox isntalled already.
Do make a Full backup of system + data before proceeding.
- Download Xperia S 6.2.B.1.96 Deodexed ROM.
- Download above mentioned ROM.
- Flash the ROM zip in Recovery.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik.
- Reboot done.
Now you have 6.2.B.1.96 Deodexed firmware on your Xperia S running. If you get any issues in installing this ROM, do let us know.
Acro S and Xperia SL users try it at your own risk, if you are succeeded do let us know in comments.[ via - XDA ]