A great treat for Xperia S LT26i and Xperia SL LT26ii users, now you can convert your android 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211 Jelly Bean Odex stock ROM into a DeOdex ROM which we will help you to install many mods and themes made exclusively by developers. On the request of many users, we are posting this tutorial.
We also have DeOdexed ROM for Xperia Z, look at below link…
How to Deodex Xperia S, SL 6.2.B.0.211 Jelly Bean Odex stock ROM ?
Recently Xperia Honami wallpapers, themes and widgets were leaked and to install them the basic requirement was a DeOdex ROM. Let’s see how you can make your stock Sony ROM into a deodex ROM.
- Android 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211 Jelly Bean Stock ROM on your Xperia S, SL. If you haven’t updated it yet please follow the steps given on below mentioned link.
- Rooted Xperia S, SL 6.2.B.0.211 Jelly Bean. If you have not rooted, please follow our below guide on how to root ? Below rooting toolkit will also install BusyBox/SU automatically on your phone.
- CWM v188.8.131.52 Recovery installed on your Xperia S, SL. You can also have another working recovery on your device. To install CWM v184.108.40.206 recovery, please refer to given below link.
Please verify before proceeding to below steps, you must have all three basic requirements stated above.
How to Install ?
- Download the below mentioned zip file to DeOdex your ROM
Download DeodexSonyJB_211.zip I 237 MB
MD5 Sum: 2486b11498e30a0b684ec1b5f633729a
NOTE :- Above zip file is not a ROM, it is only a DeOdex for 6.2.B.0.211 Jelly Bean Odex stock ROM. Flashing of this zip file will convert all “odex-files” to “deodex-files” in these folders /system/app and /system/framework
- Reboot your Xperia S, SL into CWM recovery.
- Please make sure that /system partition is unmounted or you will end up getting error 7.
To check :- Go to “mounts and storage” > Check the first option, it should be “unmount / system”. If it shows “mount / system” tap on in to make it as “unmount / system”.
- Wipe the dalvik cache.
- Now flash the “DeodexSonyJB_211.zip” file in recovery.
- Reboot your device.
All done , now you have running DeOdex Xperia S, SL 6.2.B.0.211 Jelly Bean ROM. To check go to “system/app” and see whether you have any “odex-files” there or not. They must have been deleted. If any files remains there, do let us know in comments, something must have gone wrong.
Now you can try some of the mods and themes on your Xperia S, SL…
Do let us know in case you find any issues in making your ROM deodex, leave comments…